If you do not have a formal and/or updated resume, please take your old resume (if applicable) and do an updated DRAFT reflecting your current position, responsibilities and dates. It may contain typos, errors, etc. "for starters", but please don't refrain from sending ANY background information because it's informal. We've placed many people over the years who didn't have a "resume ready to go"! A lot of times, we can (confidentially) describe a potential candidate's background by phone, email, etc. (for example, "a 3-year Big 4 person" or "a sales and use tax specialist who files returns in 45 states".)
SET FORTH BELOW IS A SAMPLE RESUME OF A HIGHLY DESIRED TYPE OF TAX CANDIDATE:
I'm a Taxperson, CPA
1120 Consolidated Place
Nexus, USA 10409
OBJECTIVE: To join the tax department of a growth-oriented organization
Tax University. Currently enrolled in Masters in taxation program. Have attained 32 credits. Expected graduation - 6/18
College of Excellence. B.S. in Accounting - 6/07 GPA= 3.5 Overall and 3.6 in major. Dean's list. Graduated Cum Laude
Humongous Corporation (2011 to Present) Tax Senior
- Preparation/ review of both consolidated and separate company, federal and multi-state corporate tax returns.
- Research and planning on various tax issues, including analysis of new tax laws and proposed legislation.
- Perform tax provision including ASC 740/FAS 109.
- Work on some foreign/international tax schedules (e.g., Forms 1118 and 5471) Also, researched Section 482 issues.
- Supervise group of tax staff and tax interns.
- Involved with both IRS and various state government tax audits and correspondence.
Code, Regs, and Cases (Regional CPA firm) 2007-2010 Staff tax accountant
- Prepared individual, partnership, corporate and other types of tax returns.
- Also prepared payroll, sales, use and property and commercial rent returns.
- Responded to both client and government inquiries.
- Did research on various tax matters.
- Client industries included manufacturers, real estate and service companies.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient with various computer software programs, including Fasttax, Corptax, Vertex, BNA, Excel, CD-ROM based programs, and others. Also, use Internet for research purposes.
LICENSES/AFFILIATIONS: Certified Public Accountant-State of New Jersey, Member of AICPA and New Jersey Society of CPA's.
INTERESTS: Enjoy travel, reading, sports, and music.
REFERENCES: Will be furnished upon request.
All resumes submitted will be held in the strictest of confidence. All information supplied to KUTCHER TAX CAREERS will not be distributed or forwarded to any potential employers without candidate authorization.